La MaMa Blogs: Gay City News on Charles Ludlam and Conquest of the Universe

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Gay City News on Charles Ludlam and Conquest of the Universe

Ludlam Celebrated By Those He Loved   



David Noh of Gay City News chats with Brian Belovitch and Everett Quinton on the opening of Charles Ludlam's CONQUEST OF THE UNIVERSE OR WHEN QUEENS COLLIDE at La MaMa.

In the article Quinton says:

"“I was asked which of Charles’ plays they should use for this commemoration and I chose this, which was the first one he did when he started the Ridiculous. He would read the newspaper every day and just be inspired by whatever news story caught his fancy and wrote a play from that. And, as Tamberlaine, we have Grant Neale, who was in the original production! I play two roles: Cosroe and Zabina. It’s a big production, we’re excited about the fabulous design of it, and I just want to get it up on its feet! I’m so proud of this cast, which I hand-picked. Of course, it’s very gay: you know, Charles used to say, 'I get down on my knees every day and thank God I’m gay!'

Read the full article: HERE

And get your tickets for CONQUEST OF THE UNIVERSE!

_____


La MaMa presents

CONQUEST 
OF THE 
UNIVERSE 
OR 
WHEN 
QUEENS 
COLLIDE

by Charles Ludlam
directed by Everett Quinton

November 2-19, 2017
Thursday - Saturday at 8pm; Sunday at 4pm; special performance Monday November 6th at 8pm

Ellen Stewart Theatre 
66 East 4th Street
(between Bowery and Second Avenue)
New York, NY 10003

Tickets: $30 Adults; $25 Students/Seniors: 10@$10 Tickets available

For Tickets and Info: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment