La MaMa Blogs: PUPPET-SLAM artist interview: Leila Ghaznavi

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

PUPPET-SLAM artist interview: Leila Ghaznavi

La MaMa Puppet Slam 2013

November 15, 2013 @ 7pm
First Floor Theatre

Curator: Jane Catherine Shaw


A one-night only puppetry-slam, featuring contemporary short-form puppet and object theatre. These super short works make their point fast and furious, and bring artists and audiences together for an evening of puppetry mash up fun.


_________________________________________________________________________________



We asked La MaMa Puppet Slam participant Leila Ghaznavi to take on The Proust Questionnaire, the basis for Inside the Actors Studio's '10 questions.' 

Call this Inside the Puppet Studio -or- The Puppet Questionnaire.




Leila Ghaznavi is multi-disciplinary theatre artist and founder of Pantea Productions.

Q: What is your favorite virtue?

Honesty and Courage.. sorry that's two


Q: Respond to this Proust quote. 

"The need to be loved; more precisely, the need to be caressed and spoiled much more than the need to be admired."

I agree with the caressed, not sure about the spoiled. I could handle not being admired if I was loved by those important to me.

Q: What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 

The absence of peace with one's self.


Q: What is your idea of earthly happiness?

To have all the resources I need to create art, to be loved and to love, to be secure in my future and my income.


Q: Where would you like to live?

San Francisco!


Q: To what faults do you feel most indulgent?

Procrastination and procrastinating and wait... what's over there... I'll get back to this question...


Q: Who are your favorite composers?

Bach, Elgar, and Brahms


Q: Who are your favorite painters?

Van Gogh



Q: What are you favorite names?
Darius, Arya


Q: What is the natural talent you’d most like to be gifted with?

Creativity


Q:What is the quality you most admire in a man?

A strong sense of self and purpose and protectiveness... crap that's three. I'm not good with numbers.


QWhat is the quality you most admire in a woman?
Courage and assertiveness coupled with tenderness and caring.


Q: What is your favorite occupation?

Day dreaming, creating and performing.


Q: Who would you have liked to be?

A better version of myself.


Q: Your most marked characteristic?

Play


Q: What do you most value in your friends?

Loyalty


Q: What is your principle defect?


Shyness and being reserved


Q: What would you like to be? Relevant Proust quote: 

"Myself – as those whom I admire would like me to be."

See above. Myself as I know I can be but have not yet achieved. Sorry Proust I don't trust the opinions of others.


Q: Who are your favorite prose writers?

Dun know.


Q: Who are your favorite poets?

Rumi, Emma Lazarus


Q: Who are your favorite heroes in fiction?

Indiana Jones!


Q: Who are your heroes in real life?
Hal Lasco


Q: Who are your favorite heroines in fiction?

Hermoine? Maybe?


Q: Who are your favorite heroines of history?

Maybe Queen Victoria, a mother with hutzpuh to run a country when all others said it couldn't be done.


Q: Who are your favorite heroines in real life?

Those who accomplish much when given little.


Q: What is it you most dislike?


My personal failures


Q: What natural gift would you most like to possess?

To be indomitable


Q: What is your present state of mind?

Ponderous!


Q: What is your motto?

To do more good than I do harm to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment