La MaMa Blogs: Billy Crystal Talks to the NY Post About LaMaMa!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Billy Crystal Talks to the NY Post About LaMaMa!


Television, Film and Broadway actor, Billy Crystal talked to NY Post's Michael Reidel about his upcoming return to Broadway in his one-man show, 700 SUNDAYS. But Billy got his start here at La MaMa in 1970 in double-bill of Ubu Roi and Arden of Faversham, directed by Andrei Serban.
“I played a toy soldier with a tall red hat and rouge circles on my cheeks. Andrei put me in a garbage can. I was a broken toy. And as I was sitting in that garbage can, the audience began to come in, and I saw Clive Barnes. And I thought, ‘Oh, no — this is not how we should meet.’ I always meant to call Clive and tell him about that, but I’m not sure he would have remembered me as the broken toy soldier in the garbage can.”

You can read the full article: HERE

Thanks for mentioning La MaMa, Billy! And congratulations on your return to Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment