La MaMa Blogs: 6 Questions: Unique Jenkins

Friday, January 18, 2019

6 Questions: Unique Jenkins




1. How would you describe the show in your own words?

An Eklectic theatrical experience 

2. How is this show different from other shows you've performed in?

Definitely takes the top spot for outside the box shows that I've done. I have done an abstract movement piece before, but it was a 10min piece that had little dialogue. I usually do plays and film where it's not as abstract. So this is definitely fun.

3. What inspiration do you draw from for your character in the show?

I draw from Metropolis and Westworld. Also just observing the world we live in. Westworld definitely gives me this type of Magic Agency vibe. Especially  for my character, where she is going back and fourth with her current self and future self. 

4. What has it been like working with Sean?

It's been truly amazing. His specificity is everything 

5. Do you have a favorite line from the play?

Yes. "God talked to me at breakfast and told me I needed to tell you certain things"

6. What does working at La MaMa mean to you?

It means everything. It's truly a blessing. Recently moved from Los Angeles to continue  to pursue my acting career here in New York, and it's truly been a blessing. Performing at La Mama is a dream come true!!!






January 31 - February 03, 2019
Downstairs | 66 East 4th Street

$25 Tickets; $20 Student/Senior Tickets [+$1 Facility Fee]Run Time: 55 Minutes (No Intermission)

For Tickets Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment