La MaMa Blogs: Puppet Portrait #1: Maiko (a/k/a Grandpa)

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Puppet Portrait #1: Maiko (a/k/a Grandpa)


1. Does this puppet have a name?
Yes. This is Maiko, but I call it “Grandpa” when I take it off from my head.

2. What is it's role in the show?
Maiko is one of the drifters who is floating between reality and daydream. Maiko is also the chair of the National Sheepshair Sheep Association.

3. What is it made of?
Foamcore with a printed face.

4. Anything else you'd like to tell us about it?
So far, I have been putting this grandpa face on and wearing my elementally school’s coat every time I’m on the stage. I don’t know if Maiko is a “he” or “she”, an “old person” or “kid”. The only thing I know is that this is a foreigner who lives in USA.





La MaMa presents

NO NEED FOR 
A NIGHT LIGHT 
ON A LIGHT NIGHT 
LIKE TONIGHT
created by Maiko Kikuchi 

November 19 - 22, 2015 - Four Performances Only!
Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:30pm; Sunday at 6pm


Tickets: $20 Adults; $15 Students/Seniors - only a handful of $10 tickets left!

2, 3 and 5-Show Ticket Packages Available

For tickets and info: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment