La MaMa Blogs: Downtown Magazine Interviews Andrea Assaf

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Downtown Magazine Interviews Andrea Assaf


Downtown Magazine recently spoke to Andrea Assaf, the author and performer of Eleven Reflections on September, now playing at The First Floor Theatre at La MaMa through May 17th!

"On September 11, 2001, I was in Washington, D.C., because I’d just accepted a new position with Animating Democracy (a program of Americans for the Arts), and I was in Washington to sign the contract, even though I would be working from New York. In fact, I had just moved back to my 13th Street apartment in NYC, in August 2001, after a year long internship with Liz Lerman’s Dance Exchange. So I was in D.C., in my former apartment, and I got a call from Americans for the Arts, saying don’t come in. When I asked why, they said turn on the news. I then became aware of commotion on the street, and looked out the window — where I saw crowds of panicked people walking away from downtown, and smoke billowing up from what turned out to be the Pentagon."

Read the full interview: HERE



La MaMa presents
ELEVEN 
REFLECTIONS 
ON SEPTEMBER
Written & directed by Andrea Assaf
Live music by Aida Shahghasemi & Guest Artists
Choreography created & performed by Donna Mejia

April 30 - May 17, 2015 

The First Floor Theatre @ La MaMa
74A East 4th Street
(between Bowery and Second Avenue)

Tickets: $18 Adults; $13 Students/Seniors; ten tickets priced at $10 available for every performance - in advance only - while they last!

For Tickets and Info: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment