La MaMa Blogs: LAMBDA LITERARY talks to Marge Gomez

Thursday, June 12, 2014

LAMBDA LITERARY talks to Marge Gomez


Marga Gomez spoke with LAMBDA LITERARY about Lovebirds, now playing through Sunday, June 15th.
Lovebirds was written to take the sting out of a long break-up. We had been living in San Francisco and everything there reminded me of us. I started to hate the Cable Cars. Rather than move away I imagined a world of men and women who also made bad choices to comic effect. Lovebirds characters were inspired by people I met on the road to love, which for me began in Greenwich Village where I came out and fell in love every week at a dyke bar called Bonnie and Clyde’s. 

Read the full interview: HERE


La MaMa presents:

LOVEBIRDS

By Marga Gomez
Directed by David Schweizer

FINAL 3 PERFORMANCES!
Now – 15th, 2014
Friday - Saturday @ 10pm / Sunday @ 5:30pm

The Club @ La MaMa
74a East 4th Street
(between Bowery and Second Avenue)
New York, NY 10003

Tickets: $18 Adults - $13 Student/Senior; 10@$10 tickets are SOLD OUT, regular prices tickets are still available.

For Tickets and Info: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment